WHO WE ARE:
Domotel Hotels & Resorts is a well-known hotel chain in Greece with a mix of properties, city hotels, resorts by the sea and mountain/ski resorts. In order to manage our properties more efficiently, we have a central organization that controls and guides operations and designs and implements all commercialization activities for all our hotels. Our head offices are located in Nea Erythraia, Attiki, at Domotel Kastri Hotel, a 4* Contemporary Hotel with one of the biggest Conference Centers in Athens.
THE ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant for full-time employment for Domotel Kastri. The objectives of this professional are to maintain accurate financial records, prepare timely and compliant financial reports, and assist in cost control, under the supervision of the financial controller.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the business, including ledger entries, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
• Ensure that bank statements match the company's records and investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements in compliance with Greek accounting standards.
• Cooperate with the external Accounting Office and provide necessary documentation and explanations for the audit process.
• Work with management to develop and monitor budgets, as well as forecast financial performance for the future.
• Analyze financial data to provide insights into the financial health of the business, including profitability, liquidity, and solvency.
• Monitor and analyze costs to help the organization make informed decisions about cost reduction and cost control measures.
• Establish and monitor internal controls to prevent fraud and ensure the accuracy of financial records.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting.
• Postgraduate degree in Economics or MBA will be considered as an advantage.
• At least 2 years of proven experience in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
• Work experience within a multi-property environment will be considered as an advantage.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially in Excel.
• Knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) and in particular Protel will be considered as an advantage.
• Superb time management, effective communicator, team contributor, results-oriented personality.
• Able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
• Attention to detail.
• Fluency in English and Greek (oral and written).
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
• Competitive salary with benefits (e.g., complimentary lunch/ beverages).
• Excellent working environment with top professionals in their respective fields.
• Career advancement in a dynamically growing company.
Please send us your CV at email@example.com, demonstrating the skills mentioned above. The short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an initial interview and will be informed about further steps. Please note that obtaining references might be part of the selection process.