On behalf of our Client, a well-established mechanical contracting firm in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit a professional individual for the position of Senior Accounting Officer, to be based at our client’s premises in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling the accounting requirements of the Group’s companies, with the potential to take on additional duties. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- maintaining accurate accounting books and records for the companies of the Group
- posting and processing journal entries ensuring that all business transactions are recorded
- recording of invoices, receipts and payments
- preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- preparing Debtor/Creditors reconciliation
- liaising with the Company's and Group's internal and external auditors
- performing and executing the monthly/weekly payroll calculations (including all the relevant submissions to the local authorities)
- preparing quarterly VAT reconciliation and submitting VAT returns
- supervising a team of accountants to ensure the accurate and timely completion of financial tasks
- providing financial analysis and reports to support strategic decision-making within the organization, such as budgeting, forecasting and cost analysis
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or LCCI Higher Certificate in Accounting or equivalent qualification
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CFA) will be considered as an advantage
- Relevant working experience in a similar role preferably with a medium or large size contracting company
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles and VAT
- Experience in working with Navision program will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English languages
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Strong numeric skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to effectively work alone as well as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and guide a team
- Professionalism and a highly developed sense of integrity and confidentiality
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package, including Provident Fund and 13th Salary, based on qualifications and experience.
Submission of applications no later than 26th of November 2023.
Applications are to be directly submitted through KPMG’s website using this link.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.