EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join our continuously growing team, which employs over 2.200 professionals in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience great flexibility, under our hybrid operating model across our offices in Athens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued, that supports you in building an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are currently seeking for Accounting & Compliance Reporting Professionals to support our tax team and help our clients in tax and accounting compliance projects at different industry sectors. Actively establish internal and external relationships. Anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues. You will also keep informed of professional standards and firm policies and procedures and effectively apply this knowledge to different client situations.
In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll work hand in hand with our tax and accounting professionals to help manage our clients’ tax compliance (e.g., CIT, VAT, other tax returns, etc.) and reporting needs
- Support the process of financial statements’ preparation according to the new Greek standards and international accounting standards as well as monthly accounting processes
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships both internally and externally with clients to help ensure that the services delivered to clients by our team are of the highest standards and of added value timely provided
Skills and attributes for success
- Teamwork: Encouraging an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships and positive attitudes that lead to open communications and sharing of information.
- Communication: Integrating with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen
- Attention to Detail: Illustrating critical thinking, professionalism, high level of self-motivation and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Tech-Oriented: Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent academic background, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration and/or master’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of relative working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Experience and knowledge of accounting and tax compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems knowledge such as SAP, Navision, Atlantis, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a Big four professional services firm
- Knowledge of a second foreign language
Working Location: Athens (hybrid)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive remuneration package: You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, income protection and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements: We operate under a hybrid working model, which is defined based on both your own preferences and team’s needs, and we enjoy our summers with short Fridays.
- Personalized learning experience and career development: Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs. We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and provide coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- International Experience: Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Above all, you will be working in one of the Top Employers in Greece for 2023, awarded by the Top Employers Institute.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.