Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions. We measure and analyze energy utilization to generate empowering analytics for smart grid and infrastructure management, enabling utilities and consumers to reduce energy consumption. Our innovative and proven portfolio of software, services and intelligent sensor technology is a key driver to decarbonize the grid. Having avoided more than 9 million tons of CO2 in FY 2021 and committed to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030, Landis+Gyr manages energy better – since 1896.
With sales of USD 1.5 billion in FY 2021, Landis+Gyr employs around 6,500 talented people across five continents. For our offices located in Corinth, Greece, Landis+Gyr is currently seeking to fill the position of:
Laboratory Quality Engineer
Purpose and Objective
Ensure technical competence of Accredited Laboratory corresponds to required level, maintain and improve Laboratory technical capabilities.
Key Performance Indicators
- Attention to detail in regard to record keeping, quality, process compliance etc.
- Timely adaptation of laboratory processes to technical and legal requirements.
- Ensure that Meter accuracy level meets legal/customer/internal requirements.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Deliver good communication and cooperation within the accredited laboratory team as well as with all other internal/external contacts.
- Identify areas of process improvement and initiate and co-ordinate implementation of relevant actions.
- Strive for both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Adapt to all organizational changes and align laboratory to organizational objectives.
- Ensure adequacy of metrology level.
- Strong cooperation and coordination with internal organization.
- Appropriate Interfacing with Quality Management and Process Improvement (quality focus and continuous improvement).
- Facilitate customer and Certification/Accreditation Bodies as well as NB audits in an open and constructive manner.
- Adherence of internal processes to required quality standards.
- Ensure laboratory equipment meets or exceeds technical requirements in regard to the tested devices.
- Co-ordinate inter-laboratory trials.
- Adopt laboratory processes and work instructions to meet legal requirements.
- Adopt laboratory processes and work instructions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Identify training needs and draft annual training needs of accredited laboratory personnel.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the training of all new employees of the laboratory.
- Evaluate laboratory personnel technical competence and provide respective authorization.
- Review internal calibration evaluation report.
- Review laboratory test results, identify, monitor and report trends.
- Monitor comparison of accuracy level of laboratory and production equipment and perform necessary actions.
- Sign-off accredited laboratory test reports and measurement protocols.
- Undertake any other duties that may arise from time to time as directed and to meet the needs of the business.
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Fluency in English language
- Very good knowledge of computer use
- Previous experience in a Calibration or Testing laboratory (independent or part of an industrial organization)
- Intercultural experience will be considered a plus as role requires interaction with other company sites located in different countries.
- Time management
- Metrological Expertise
- Problem solving and decision making
- Team management
- Communication skills
- Understand and interpret legal/standard requirements
- Measurement and uncertainty
- Previous experience in Quality Management Systems
- Experience of laboratory measurements
- ISO17025 knowledge
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you. Click on below link to submit your application:
Company’s feedback will be provided only to the selected for interview candidates.