At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 1.3 billion patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation, and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Digital Finance organization creates, configures, and runs digital products, platforms, and solutions that support Pfizer's core finance business functions such as Financial Consolidations, Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting, Treasury, Tax, Compliance, Internal and External Reporting.
This Associate role is a hands-on technical role responsible for supporting current financial reporting data transformations in both on-premise and AWS cloud platforms as well as delivering proof of concepts, small development project and/or maintenance projects.
Pfizer seeks a candidate with exposure to budgeting, forecasting, planning, and/or reporting processes and their application to solving business problems. Candidate is highly self-motivated, eager to explore new technologies, and is effective when working in a team environment. A strong aptitude towards self-development and growth is highly desired.
- Provide application support and execute day to day operational maintenance activities for financial reporting applications
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues
- Support and execute project deployment activities
- Perform Infrastructure configuration management
- Assist with the transition of all new applications into the support model
- Drive operational efficiencies through continuous improvements
- Liaise with solution delivery team to analyze and confirm opportunities for optimization
- Maintain support operating procedures and work instructions
- Support compliance activities (Audit preparation, Disaster recovery execution, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, be detail-oriented, self-directed, and a team player
- Demonstrated experience working in development and/or support teams
- Demonstrated experience or understanding and willing to be trained in AWS Technology
- Understanding of core AWS Services, Architecture, and Best Practices
- Developing, Deploying and Debugging AWS Cloud-based applications
- Ability to use the AWS Service API, AWS CLI, and SDKs
- Ability to interact with the AWS services such as Glue, Lambda, API Gateway, and others
- Pharmaceutical life science domain experience
- Exposure to Finance reporting applications
- Familiar with SDLC/Agile methodologies
- Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT Controls
- Exposure to DevOps processes
- AWS certification