Payroll Team Lead (Italian Speaker)
Job post no longer accepts applications
2 months agoPosted date
2 months ago
Accounting / AuditingJob categoryAccounting / Auditing
- Oversea the country/cluster payroll processing workstream and team member(s).
- Manage day to day operational activities and deliverables
- May be responsible for regular execution or back-up of an assigned payroll depending on the requirements of the cluster. This includes collection and validation of inputs and error resolution, communication of payroll kick off and approval processing milestones, validation and balancing payroll, and processing changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for payroll processing, when needed.
- Ensure the regional payroll processing workstream follows company policies, regional regulatory requirements, and the global payroll strategy.
- Review and certify payroll signoffs as required.
- Work with the payroll vendors to ensure pay disbursements, tax deposits, and tax filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Gather payroll processing feedback and provide information and insight to Payroll Vendor Management.
- Assess technology requirements and changes and ensure that systematic updates are completed by the vendor in a timely and complete manner.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and updates for the cluster are performed and completed as required.
- Identify opportunities for and implement continuous improvement and transformational projects.
- Promote Pfizer purpose, values and goals with proactive team management, and ensure strong team engagement, as measured by Pulse surveys and PLI evaluations and goal achievement.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- This position will support the Italian market
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 7+ years experience in payroll, accounting or human resources
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Fluency in Italian Language
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- Experience in management of a team preferred
- Experience with Workday, ADP, Core HR, SAP, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
- May need to work non-standard hours depending on countries / payroll cycles assigned and payroll processing schedule
- Some limited travelling maybe also requested