Senior Unity Developer
As a senior Unity developer in FM GAMES, you will help the team by maintaining existing features and/or implementing new ones in our games’ backbone library. Occasionally you will also work on existing or new games on our portfolio.
In this role, you will join a diverse, multi-national team and:
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize our games’ code, backend library, editors and related tools used for our games’ development.
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of our games’ code, library, editor and tool chain as a whole.
- Keep the existing libraries and tools up to date, in accordance with the latest changes occurring in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions).
- Implement new features and services in close partnership with the rest of our teams and with respect for the player’s comfort and game’s performance.
- Write technical design documents, reports and documentation for milestones and internal use.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A minimum 5 years of working experience in game development.
- Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting).
- Excellent knowledge writing C# and software engineering patterns.
- Availability to work with and/or implement new APIs and concepts.
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes.
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git in a multi developer team environment.
- Experience in using Jira.
- Used to communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Able to provide guidance to the programming team.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Be an EU citizen
Extra bonus for (make sure to mention any below that applies to you in your cover letter):
- Experience in implementing Android and/or iOS native plugins.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- We do love cover letters! Tell us a bit more beyond your CV, what made you apply here with us, how did you find us, etc.
The position is open for the candidate to work in Athens, Greece. We are working as hybrid at the moment, and can provide assistance with hardware and home office setup.
Our Athens office is located right in the centre of the city, in a beautiful historic building with all the modern amenities, where you will be based. Occasionally you might be required to travel to our offices in Limassol (Cyprus).
We are offering:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Private health insurance
- 23 days off + public holidays.
- Comfortable offices in the most vibrant location of Limassol and Athens
- A company environment that wants to see you succeed and level up!
About FM Games
FM GAMES was founded in 2015 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with strong backgrounds in building international digital business ventures. Looking for their next challenge, they saw a big opportunity to build a company that focuses on all-time classic card and board games, bringing them to the fast-growing mobile audience.
FM GAMES was built on the culture of being adventurous, generous and with just a dash of mischievous fun. We celebrate people who dare to make a difference each day. Our team has the freedom to pursue projects that are stimulating and rewarding, in an environment that celebrates change and progress, and in a company that knows that our people are the reason for our success.
Today, FM GAMES manages a growing portfolio of 15+ games across all major mobile platforms, created and maintained by over 30 experts across all disciplines. Our games touch the lives of people and entertain gamers of all ages all around the world. They are played every day by hundreds of thousands of people, and have been downloaded to millions of devices.