Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills industry with presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is the chance to apply now! 📥
Key accountability in this role will be to oversee the technical elements of the region, people leadership, customer service, process efficiency, health and safety, and financial management functions of the bases within the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the yacht , ensuring safe, efficient, and profitable operations, whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
PeopleCert is looking for an exceptional and talented individual to join our team as Procurement Associate.
As a Procurement Associate your tasks will include the following:
- Supporting the maintenance and readiness of the yacht for charter including all onboard systems, rigging, inventory and hull structures. This includes management of routine and preventable maintenance.
- Ensuring overall cleanliness and tidiness of all bases and properties
- Maintain the property preventative maintenance program within agreed budgets.
- Plan and manage all procurement and logistics processes for Yachts materials, equipment, supplies and services
- Undertake full responsibility for all processes to ensure timely (scheduled) and accurate delivery of goods and services to support the Yacht
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors globally to verify information and/or respond to inquiries, to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Manage agreed property refurbishment and new build projects.
- Liaise and negotiate with external contractors as needed.
- Accounts and Finance (Review invoices, submit fund requests to Owners etc.) with the support of the Accounts team
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports
- Be on call 24/7 for any emergency
What we look for:
- Previous yacht operational experience of minimum 2 years
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels (dealing with Owners, Captains and colleagues);
- Effective problem solving and multi-tasking;
- Previous auditing and/or surveying experience would be beneficial;
- Technical knowledge of yachts
- Fluent in spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere 💯
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert's Portfolio per year for all employees 🎓
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and global environment 📈
- Constant personal and professional development 🥇
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process 💻
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, Integrity are the core values which guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check.
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK.
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.