EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency, operating satellites that monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
EUMETSAT is an international organisation employing staff from across all 30 member states and this role is being advertised on multiple international job boards, but please note that this role would be based in Darmstadt, Germany and would require international applicants to relocate if successful.
EUMETSAT operates a growing fleet of Earth Observation satellites in low Earth and geostationary orbits. This post is a fixed term, 4 year, time limited contractlocated in the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) division of the Programme Development (PRD) department, reporting to the EUMETSAT Polar Satellite –Second Generation (EPS-SG) System IVV manager.
During the development of the EPS-SG Programme and similar future missions, the holder of this post is responsible for activities related to system integration, verification and validation, working in close coordination with the Instrument Functional Chain teams, the Operations Preparation team and the Ground Segment and System development teams.
The main duties will be as follows:
· Coordinate testing activities at system level including preparation of schedule, planning of system and human resources, TRRs/TRBs;
· Monitor and ensure coherence of system configurations subject of Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V), according to the applicable as-built baselines, change control and configuration management processes;
· Prepare and review testing procedures for end-to-end system-level tests;
· Prepare test data (i.e. simulation, re-conditioning) for system data circulation tests and provision to partners, including usage/configuration of related test tools;
· Maintain the system test tools and test data inventory;
· Monitor future/incoming deliveries and patches with respect to their deployment and usage for IV&V activities;
· Support Change Control and Anomaly Review Boards, including investigation of anomalies and definition of priorities for deliveries needed for IV&V activities.
· University degree or equivalent in engineering or other relevant discipline.
Skills and Experience:
· Solid experience in preparation and execution of formal IV&V activities for ground segment systems for Earth observation missions;
· Proven knowledge of change and configuration processes necessary to control as-built system baselines for IV&V activities;
· Experience in software maintenance, delivery and deployment processes;
· Experience with test data/test tools preparation for IV&V in particular for satellite telemetry and its reconditioning/manipulation;
· Strong interpersonal and team working skills, with a structured and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
What we offer
· This is a 4 year fixed term contract. At this time there are no plans to extend beyond this period.
· Excellent salary, of up to Euro 7500 / month NET (after tax) based on skills and experience;
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave;
· Full medical coverage for employee and family;
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays;