Xrysi Eukairia is the leading classified ads company in Greece, specializing in the Real Estate, Jobs, Auto-Moto and Business sectors. More than 2 million people in Greece browse Xrysi Eukairia every month.
Our ambition in Xrysi Eukairia is to create a unique environment that will help people effortlessly match supply and demand. Whether it be in real estate, jobs, auto/moto or any of the hundred other categories we support, our goal is to offer an efficient marketplace that promotes such transactions. Under new leadership and focused on customer satisfaction, we are looking for people to join our Engineering department in order to help achieve these goals.
About the job opportunity
We are currently looking for senior backend developers that want to become part of our expanding development team in a full-time working position. If you are a passionate backend developer looking to work as part of a team of motivated individuals, come join us. We love writing and shipping code that works, scales and makes the journey of our customers memorable! This is a Senior level position so relevant experience is required.
What Will I Be Doing?
As a senior backend software developer you will:
- Participate in the design, development and testing of existing and new software applications. Occasionally you may have the chance to assume the role of technical leadership of a feature/project that is at the top of our priorities.
- Work in collaboration with our web team in order to translate the company and customer needs into state-of-the-art, functional and beautiful interactive applications.
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code, utilizing our coding conventions.
- Pay attention to agility and strive for small, frequent and incremental releases that continuously provide value.
- Keep a lookout for and smartly select and pursue refactoring & restructuring opportunities to make our code easier to understand and maintain.
What skills do I need?
- You'll need to have strong experience as a backend developer with Java (at least 5 years of professional experience). Understanding of OOP principles, design patterns and knowledge of SQL and relational database systems is essential. Knowledge of RESTful API design will also be required.
- We try to unit-test our code as much as possible, so you will need to have a good understanding of unit & integration testing principles and familiarity with JUnit and mocking frameworks.
- Knowledge of version control (Git), ORM frameworks and continuous integration & delivery systems (we use Jenkins).
- Ideally, you will have a clear understanding of all the systems that make an HTTP round trip possible, have previous working experience with large scale distributed systems, have knowledge of NoSQL systems and understand the client-side a little bit.
- Greek candidates need to have fulfilled military obligations and ability to communicate in Greek and English (verbal & written form, business proficiency).
Where will I be working?
We used to work in our Athens HQ until COVID-19 happened. Now, engineers outside Athens are working fully remotely while engineers near the home office in Athens meet up in the HQ a few times per week.
What happens when I apply?
The first step in our hiring process is to review your CV. If you seem to be qualified for this position, we will be having a quick phone call with you to welcome you to the process and we will give you a take home code challenge to work on your own time. Once you submit the response to the code challenge, we will have an online interview via Google Meet. The interview time is focused on cultural fit and technical discussion that will make heavy use of your response to the code challenge. The final step is to have a quick discussion to make a proposal.
- Group Health Insurance program.
- Competitive salary dependent on the candidate's skills and performance.
- A great opportunity to grow and work closely with a talented team, in a modern, human-centric and friendly working environment.
- Remote work options.
- High tech IT equipment.
At XE we support human rights among our employees and focus on creating a working environment based on Diversity and Inclusion. All candidates are equal, regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.