Xrysi Eukairia is the leading classified ads company in Greece, specializing in the Real Estate, Jobs, Auto-Moto and Business sectors. More than 2 million people in Greece browse Xrysi Eukairia every month.
Our ambition in Xrysi Eukairia is to create a unique environment that will help people effortlessly match supply and demand. Whether it be in real estate, jobs, auto/moto or any of the hundred other categories we support, our goal is to offer an efficient marketplace that promotes such transactions. Under new leadership and focused on customer satisfaction, we are looking for people to join our Engineering department in order to help achieve these goals.
About the job opportunity
This is a technical role but liaison with various teams will occasionally be required. You will spend your time managing our growing AWS infrastructure and help the development team deliver quality software. This is a Senior level position so relevant experience in a DevOps, SRE or similar Ops position is required.
What Will I Be Doing?
As a Devops Engineer you will:
- Design, implement but also monitor & troubleshoot our infrastructure.
- Participate in the design of new features, providing your input as needed.
- Ensure that new AWS infrastructure is properly automated & documented with Terraform, Packer & related tools.
- Constantly pursue automation opportunities to avoid human errors and have repeatable and documented processes.
- Perform technology and product research to improve the overall capability of our stack.
What skills do I need?
- It is very important to have a pragmatic approach and strong attention to detail. While it is occasionally necessary to take reasonable shortcuts in order to deliver faster, it is crucial to be keenly aware of the existing technical debt and keep it down to a manageable size. It is essential to be able to provide solutions to problems but equally important is to also say NO when needed.
- We live by the moto “automated automation”. You should ensure that everything important is automated and its automation is committed to our code repository.
- Our major cloud provider of choice is AWS, so it is imperative to have working experience with Amazon. We don’t expect you to know every service provided by AWS but you should be ready to pick up on new stuff that the team plans to use.
- The vast majority of our infrastructure relies on Debian Linux so you should be quite familiar with it.
- In addition to shell scripting, you will need to know some high level language that you will be using as your Swiss army knife. We already use Groovy, Ruby and Python and we’re flexible.
- In an ideal world you should be able to find your way around popular databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL, know a thing or two about Rabbit, Memcached and Redis and be able to work with the Azure cloud as well.
- Greek candidates need to have fulfilled military obligations and ability to communicate in Greek and English (verbal & written form, business proficiency).
Where will I be working?
We used to work in our Athens HQ until COVID-19 happened. Now, engineers outside Athens are working fully remotely while engineers near the home office in Athens meet up in the HQ a few times per week.
What happens when I apply?
The first step in our hiring process is to review your CV. If you seem to be qualified for this position, we will be having a quick phone call with you to welcome you to the process and we will give you a take home code challenge to work on your own time. Once you submit the response to the code challenge, we will have an online interview via Google Meet. The interview time is focused on cultural fit and technical discussion that will make heavy use of your response to the code challenge. The final step is to have a quick discussion to make a proposal.
- Group Health Insurance program.
- Competitive salary dependent on the candidate's skills and performance.
- A great opportunity to grow and work closely with a talented team, in a modern, human-centric and friendly working environment.
- Remote work options.
- High tech IT equipment.
At XE we support human rights among our employees and focus on creating a working environment based on Diversity and Inclusion. All candidates are equal, regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.