INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for a highly-motivated “Software Engineer” to join INTRACOM TELECOM’s Software Development Center in Patras.
We are specialized in the development of Telecommunication products, in collaboration with large international Telecommunication vendors with dominant worldwide presence.
In this context we are looking for Telecommunication engineers with solid software development background to work in the domain of Mobile network nodes (native and virtual nodes).
The candidate will be incorporated in an Agile-team of developers, using modern software engineering practices and frameworks, in an international environment that spreads all around the globe.
- As a member of product development team, the successful candidate will work on advanced technology solutions in areas like 5G and virtualization/containerization of the corresponding cloud-native telco networks, in close cooperation with industry-leading vendors & technology providers across the globe with which Intracom Telecom has established strategic partnerships.
- The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals from various domains (systems, telcos, AI/ML, devops) and will contribute in end to end SW life cycle management, participate in solving customer cases and issues, cultivate DevOps mentality under Agile ways of working
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- Strong experience in at least one of the following languages: C++, Java, Python, Go.
- Experience developing SW for Virtualized / Containerized environments
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD S/W development environments and verification frameworks (git, Gitlab, Github Actions, CircleCI, Sonar, Jenkins etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud systems and Virtualization/Containerization platforms (e.g. Openstack, Vmware VSphere/ESXi, Openshift, Kubernetes)
- Cloud native tools: Istio, Spinnaker, Jaeger, Helm, Envoy, Prometheus etc.
- Experience in microservices development (e.g. client-server architectures, REST APIs)
- Working experience with Agile methodologies, JIRA, Confluence and relevant tools
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
NICE TO HAVE
- Good knowledge of Telecommunication networks and/or IT network protocols
- Exposure to 5G RAN Architecture will be highly appreciated
- Good working knowledge of testing frameworks.
- Experience in Linux and systems programming (e.g. eBPF, gRPC sockets etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Linux networking
- Exposure to AI/ML would be a plus
- Embedded programming
- Knowledge of Data Plane development libraries (e.g. DPDK)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Efficient time management
- Excellent communication skills, able to accurately present the team’s activities in various international events, summits and meetups
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.