In a world of unprecedented complexity and opportunity, organizations are looking to make new connections and find new ways of innovating. EY Advisory is continually seeking better ways of working as we collaborate with clients to help them solve their complex industry issues and capitalize on opportunities to grow, optimize and protect their businesses.
As a Consultant within the Risk Assurance team you will provide clients with reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place. You will work with clients to help create trust and confidence in their financial reporting and internal control over financial reporting. Furthermore, you will provide assurance related to internal controls, and offer industry/sector insight and thought leadership with a focus on risk and control matters. Other areas of services include advisory work in cybersecurity, IT strategy, architecture and optimization, business continuity planning, IT Governance and IT service management, information systems requirements analysis, solution design, implementation support, and technology-related regulatory compliance.
Your key responsibilities
- Supporting or leading the execution of audits/ assessments of IT processes against leading practices, frameworks and common standards (e.g. CoBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/02).
- Participation in IT Assurance/Audits - including the execution of evaluation and design of IT controls (e.g. application & general controls) in support of an external audit.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for clients and key stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Working effectively as a team member – providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members and management on progress.
- Ensure client deliverables are on time and up to the expected standards.
Skills and attributes for success
- You will produce complete and accurate work by demonstrating strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
- An ability to interact with teams at all hierarchical levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY advisory services into meaningful valued propositions for clients.
- Strong attention to detail with a logical and methodical approach.
- Evidence of self-motivation to continuously expand technical and business skills in the area IT audit, information security and information technology in general.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness.
- A logical and structured approach to challenges, projects and documentation.
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree in information technology, business, accounting, engineering or other related field with strong quantitative focus.
- Graduate or with up to three years of experience in information systems audit/security and/or data analytics related area for IT Auditors.
- At least three years of experience for Senior IT Auditors.
- Willingness to learn and continuously expand technical and business skills in the area IT audit, information security and information technology in general.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English.
- Advanced Ms Office skills specially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual attitude.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally to meet client needs.
- A passion to provide high quality service to our clients.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of IT architecture and network design, operating systems, database management systems, statistics, modelling and data analytics tools.
- Software development skills.
- Professional qualifications such as CISA, CISSP, ISO 27000, ISO 20000, ITIL or other related to IT audit/security.
- Understanding of business processes (e.g. Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Sales, etc.).
- Knowledge of basic principles of Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of business and accounting information systems (Accounting, Billing, Payroll, ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc.).
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Plenty of training opportunities.
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your own unique talents and ambitions.
- Exposure to colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.