At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
We are currently seeking highly motivated people for our Advisory practice, which is a leading provider of services to the banking and insurance sector as well as large corporates and other industries. You will build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and contribute to the growth of our team. Bringing experience and insight on one or more disciplines, you will shape solutions to a range of client challenges in risk management and finance IT for the Banking industry. Working in this creative environment, you will be given the opportunity to take responsibility and work on challenging projects for major clients in Greece as well as major financial institutions abroad.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines
- An ability to interact with different teams at all hierarchical levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail with a logical and methodical approach
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
- Evidence of self-motivation to continuously develop in the areas of data analysis, banking and finance
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor and/or Master degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or other related field with quantitative focus
- At least 3 years of experience in Banking (NPL management, MIS reporting, or strategy functions) or Management Consulting with focus on Financial Services
- Advanced business writing skills both in Greek and English language
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques
- A passion to provide high quality service to our clients
- Relevant working experience in the fields of data management, data integration, Business Intelligence and reporting, including analysis, design, implementation, integration and maintenance would be considered an asset.
Specifically, the candidate should demonstrate:
- Proven experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced programming skills using T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience in ETL technologies like SSIS
- Basic database administration and performance tuning skills
Ideally, you will also have
Working experience in Management Consulting would be considered an asset
Proven experience in delivery and/or project management in restructuring initiatives, strategy composition or business planning
- Experience in the Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Experience in other business intelligence/data visualization platforms (QlikView, Tableau, etc)
- Professional experience in banking or financial risk management
- IT-related professional qualifications
- Experience in object oriented programming and software engineering
What we are looking for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Plenty of training opportunities
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your own unique talents and ambitions
- Exposure to colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.