Country Accounting Assistant
Job title Country Accounting Assistant
Responsibilities What you will be doing
● Review, Analyze and record each invoice and expense report by Line into the system.
● Prepare all the reconciliation of each bank account assigned in a monthly basis.
● Responsible for the correct review and accounting codification of the Invoices
● Control of the fix expenses by month such as, Water, Gas, Electricity, Cable, office supplies, Local taxes (Municipality) etc.
● Prepare and analyze the provision of the invoices that need to be sent to Corporate Accounts Payable for the end of the month
● Responsible for the coordination and presentation of end of month reports for the corporate office.
▪ Responsible for tracking expenses vs budget variances and report them to the Location
manager and the accounting office.
● Responsible to have reconciled the Ledgers with the Balance Sheet.
● Prepare and analyze accrual of expenses for end of month.
● Prepare monthly purchases report for the countries as requested
● Cash Flow Management.
● Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
● Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
● Assist with other projects as needed
● Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
● Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Requirements, language, years of experience, area of experience, specific knowledge.
What you need for the role
● 3+ years of General Accounting (preferable in hospitality
● Finance or Accounting Degree
● Must have strong work ethics
● Must be well organized and a self-starter
● Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
● Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
● MS Office fluency
● Possess strong organizational and time management skills
● Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
● Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
● Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
● Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
● Excellent command of English language
● Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
● Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
● Competitive salary
● Performance bonus
● No dress code
● Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
● Multiple online training opportunities
● Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
● Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
● Have your birthday off
● Amazing referral program with cash and global holiday packages; we know you hang out with other great people
● Extra country-specific benefits; we can tell you more during the application process