About RSM in Greece
is a full member of RSM International, one of the world’s largest independent network of audit, tax and advisory firms, with 750 offices in 120 countries, and more than 41,000 people on hand to serve our clients’ needs. Member firms are united by a common desire to provide the highest quality of services to their clients. We exist to make a positive difference to their futures. RSM is a full member of the Forum of Firms, an association of international networks of accounting firms. The Forum’s goal is to promote consistent and high quality standards of financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide.
RSM was announced as the winner of the prestigious Network of the Year award in 2016 at the International Accounting Bulletin Annual Awards which recognise networks that have demonstrated strong growth, operational excellence and best practices in Audit and Accounting profession.
We are a strategic partner for dynamically developing companies with local and international orientation, seeking the complete spectrum of services provided by Professional Service firms offering Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Our services include Audit and Assurance, Risk Management, Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Consulting, Accounting and Tax, Human Capital, Executive Search and Selection, Labour Law and Payroll Outsourcing Services.
Working for RSM
When you join RSM, you’ll get so much more than a great benefit package. You’ll gain access to a global network that celebrates new ways of thinking. We offer an environment where all voices are heard and everyone has the opportunity to succeed. When you join our team, you’ll become part of an exciting and dynamic environment that’s always moving forward. You’ll discover a network of like-minded professionals who will help you spark ideas, find new solutions and feel a sense of belonging.
Due to our global network, we have the advantage of offering local, national or international services to clients of all sectors and sizes. RSM now spans more than 120 countries, providing plenty of opportunities for you to collaborate with professionals around the world. Be part of something big at RSM.
We want all our people to reach their full potential. There are over 41,000 talented people working within the RSM network and each and every one has a unique offering. We believe in using this talent to the optimum and we dedicate considerable resources to the training and development of our people so they help differentiate us now and in the future. At RSM, you’ll get the career you want.
We are looking for a qualified high performing Chief Accountant to head our firm’s accounts department and supervise and work with the accounting team to complete accounting assignments in our Athens office.
- Maintain proper Books and Records, timely payment of tax and insurance obligations (Φ.Π.Α., Φ.Μ.Υ., Ι.Κ.Α. etc.) and the full application of the tax provisions.
- Responsible for the supervision and orderly issuance of payroll.
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Generate weekly and monthly financial reports and statements to the Management Team for review.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances for the firm and per department and report the same to the Management Team.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from the Management Team in a timely fashion.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Establish and implement internal control procedures to ensure compliance with corporate regulations and their effective operation.
- Ensure the constant updating and training of the accounts department of the firm so that the team is aware of all current tax and financial issues.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
The ideal candidates will also need to demonstrate the following:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as Chief Accountant in a well-organised accounts department
- University degree in Accounting
- Technical and accounting skills, knowledge (Greek Accounting Standards, Greek Taxation, Greek Labour legislation)
- Advanced IT & ERP skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
What is offered
- High degree of self-motivation and strong career aspiration
- Strong commitment to providing an excellent quality service
- Ability to work in a team and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal skills and professional appearance
- Rational and logical thinking
- Attention to details
- Results oriented
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Proactive attitude
- Business awareness
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Positive attitude, focused on teamwork and communication
Competitive remuneration package, pleasant working environment and excellent opportunity for advancement, in one of the leading global Audit, Tax and Advisory Firms.
Please send your CV in strict confidence quoting reference CA0319.