INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated "SolarPV Electrical Presales Engineer" to join a team of future shapers.
As a Solar PV Electrical Presales Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of engineering design, analysis, maintenance and development of new and advanced solar PV systems. You will work closely with our local team, key customers and partners and with local certification and industry bodies.
- Responsible for electrical design package (module to AC output, wiring, modelling, electronic protection circuits, wiring, j-boxes, low/medium voltage, site performance etc using modelling software and analysing;
- Provide safe, timely and high quality PV module to systems designs utilizing state of the art modelling and design skills;
- Interface with local officials and utility engineers to design the best system configuration;
- Maintain awareness of new product technology and communicate pertinent developments to colleagues;
- Interact with electricity utility companies and regulatory authorities with regard to solar PV projects;
- Plan and manage the logistics of supplying components for large solar PV projects;
- Follow systems performance in the field and report power variations and other parameters;
- Perform power and energy monitoring of large systems in the field and prepare summary reports.
- Perform other departmental duties as required.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree with specialization in renewable energy
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the design and construction of low and medium voltage PV parks
- Experienced with solar PV system design and very good knowledge of low and medium voltage PV parks
- Technically proficient in the field of photovoltaic conversion, direct current circuits and protection designs with a working knowledge of solar PV system modelling
- Familiar with the Greek PV market (suppliers, contractors, manufacturers);
- Solid general knowledge of computer technology and be proficient with 2D and 3D modelling software such as Solid-works, PV System, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of inverter dimensioning software and performance emulation programs PVSYST, HOMER or equivalent
- Knowledge of performance monitoring systems for PV stations eg. Portal, scada, etc.
- Ability to sign a formal declaration will be considered an asset;
- Ability to prepare an analytical autopsy of candidate PV plant site will be considered an advantage
- Ability to manage external partners during the implementation phase.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with internal and external customers
- Have a passion for renewable energy and want to ensure a future for the environment. Overseas trips may be required for technical support, training and internal/external meetings
- Strategically thinking
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee's performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company's credo "our competitive advantage is our human capital".
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.