At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
We are currently seeking for a strategic, creative, and hands-on Senior Service Designer who will be part of our EY Customer experience design studio in Athens.
This is an excellent chance to be part of a rapidly growing global team of Service Design professionals with core focus on design and innovation. A Service Designer is primarily concerned on creating optimal service experiences. This requires taking a holistic view of all related actors, their interactions, and supporting materials and infrastructures. A Service Designer often involves the use of customer journey maps, which tell the story of different customers’ interactions with a brand, thus offering deep insights. Furthermore, a Service Designer is focused on the personality and aesthetics of a product or system that invokes positive emotional feelings and thus builds a personal bond. He/she is also involved in contributing in collaboration with end users, identify use-cases, define user-stories, communicate information hierarchy through intuitive information design, express the brand in ways that bonds the end user, branded prototypes and design documents.
Your key responsibilities
- In-depth contextual research, quantitative research, journey mapping, persona building, hosting creative sessions, service prototyping, embedding design & instilling change
- Understand customer and user needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into delightful user experiences
- Understand and internalize the organization’s brand strategy and conceptualize ideas through creative wireframe visualizations that bond the end users and customers
- Facilitate our clients’ product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for user products
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Collaborate with usability analysts, end users, product management and engineering teams in developing compelling UX deliverables and specifications
- Responsible for delivering all aspects of UX which ranges from story boards, rapid concept sketches, detailed wireframes, info-graphics & icons, hi-fidelity prototypes etc. and gathering user feedback for further iterations
- Contribute to the overall design strategy including visual design, development, documentation and communication of UX guidelines, patterns, and libraries
Basic knowledge in graphic design principles, typography, color, iconography, visual identity design and appropriate visual design techniques for different delivery mediums
Strong desire for design innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to deliver innovative conceptual thinking, whilst also having the right analytical and technical mindset and skills to work out the details to deliver real value to clients
- Creatively intuitive and able to apply a wide range of Design Thinking techniques
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
To qualify for the role, you must have
Qualified, with a recognized degree (essential) and Masters (desirable)
Command of leading design & prototyping software applications
5-10 years of relevant experience (Service design, UX, product design etc.)
Qualification or certifications in related fields, such as Interactive Design, New media design, Architecture, Graphic Design area is a plus
Previous experience in UX design of Mobile and Tablet based applications on iOS, Android and Windows platforms is highly beneficial
Working knowledge of Flash, HTML and motion graphics software preferred
Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility
Proficient in Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision and other design related tools
Experience with web libraries and frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, Ionic, Bootstrap, Jquery, or Ember, and CSS preprocessing frameworks is a plus
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience from working in a multinational environment
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
Proficient knowledge of digital and web production, including medium-specific technical standards and file formats for various screen sizes.
A portfolio with demonstrated examples of designing superior, original, UX experiences for both enterprise and consumer applications.
Ability to work as part of a team
What we are looking for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Plenty of training opportunities
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your own unique talents and ambitions
- Exposure to colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.