SENIOR CONSULTANT –TAX – BUSINESS PROCESS SOLUTIONS
What Impact will you make?
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic team player with solid understanding of finance, tax accounting and bookkeeping aspects, analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic Finance & Accounting team in our offices in Athens. Deloitte’s Business Process Solutions department (BPS) is a global well-defined group of Deloitte professionals operating in most Deloitte member firms across three regions (Americas, Asia & EMEA). The Global BPS service offering is globally organized under the Tax function. BPS offers services related to the operation of processes in accounting, finance, human resources and technology services.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as a Senior Consultant will focus on the delivery of client engagements by understanding objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning own work to these objectives and setting personal priorities. In this role, you will build strong relationships in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders and team with others across businesses and borders to deliver exceptional services taking accountability for own and team results. You will actively seek opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience and act as a strong brand ambassador, identifying and embracing our purpose and values and putting these into practice in your professional life.
During your tenure as a Senior Consultant, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
• Supervise a team of junior accountants
• Ensure statutory compliance
• Ensure tax Compliance (supervision of the VAT, WHT, stamp duty, real estate taxes, Income Tax)
• Supervise IFRS Reporting (IFRS policies compliance, Deferred Tax calculation etc)
• Supervise the year-end closing procedures (Statutory financial statements, CIT, etc.)
• Prepare/supervise management reporting as requested by the clients
• Resolve day to day issues and respond timely in client’s requests
• Build solid and long term relationships with clients and teams
Our ideal candidates are bright and ambitious experienced professionals that focus on delivering work of high quality, commitment to high levels of client service and ability to build strong relationships. We expect that you also have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
In particular, to qualify for the role you must have:
• a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience, and at least 2 in a professional services firm serving clients in different industries;
• a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Auditing, Business Administration from a well-acclaimed University in Greece or abroad;
• excellent command of the English language;
• a professional approach, business acumen and strong communication skills;
• computer literacy
• a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Tax, Auditing, Business Administration or related disciplines;
• experience in helping clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realise business goals;
• completion of the Long-Term TAX Seminar provided by AUEB or other providers;
• a Professional Qualification (ACCA, IFRS Diploma, or similar) would be considered a plus;
• ability to work with minimal supervision.
Managing taxes is a critical part of an effective business strategy and our Tax Business offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services by using the help of modern technology. Our tax professionals help diverse clients address their tax compliance obligations, analyze the tax effect of complex business decisions, and pursue performance objectives. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally.
Our committed team of tax practitioners ensures that our clients are kept abreast of the latest developments which may affect their business. At Deloitte, we believe that the most defensible tax strategies are aligned with the company’s operations and integrated with the overall business plan. We grow business value through tax and provide domestic and global tax planning to help businesses meet tax and statutory responsibilities.
Our core service lines are:
• Business tax
• International tax
• Transfer pricing
• Tax management consulting
• Mergers & acquisitions – tax
• Research and development and government incentives
• Deloitte Private
• Indirect tax
• Global employer services
• Business Process Solutions
Deloitte offers Global professional services that include Audit, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Greece and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
Our purpose, “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society “- defines who we are and what we stand for. This is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the center of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Sounds like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
All applications will be considered without distinction, in accordance with our values and in line with our inclusive culture.
Deloitte enhances all diversity as a source of innovation and individual and collective wealth. Please, visit our website for more information.
Deloitte Business Process Solutions Single Member Societe Anonyme for the Provision of Accounting Services, a Greek company, registered in Greece with registered number 0009622801000 and its registered office at Athens, 3a Fragkokklisias & Granikou str., 152 25, is an affiliate of Deloitte Central Mediterranean S.r.l., a company limited by guarantee registered in Italy with registered number 09599600963 and its registered office at Via Tortona no. 25, 20144, Milan, Italy.
Deloitte Central Mediterranean S.r.l. is the affiliate for the territories of Italy, Greece and Malta of Deloitte NSE LLP, a UK limited liability partnership and member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL, Deloitte NSE LLP and Deloitte Central Mediterranean S.r.l. do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte Central Mediterranean. All rights reserved.