Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a Junior French Speaking Engineer to join our team in the Athens Office.
Would you like to become part of our story? Are you a young Engineer, fluent in French, interested in joining a large multinational EPC contractor? Are you keen in making your next career step in a corporate yet family-like environment with supportive colleaugues? This role is for you.
You will play a critical role in our big EPC projects as we will count on you for translating all significant documents and providing extremely useful information to our engineers. You will undertake and perform accurately and confidently translations of engineering documents from English to French, ensuring that our projects run smoothly. You will support the Engineering team with live translation in meetings and video conference calls with French speaking third party teams. Sounds interesting? Read on.
What you will need to do:
- Prepare the French version of engineering documents (reports, technical notes, drawings etc) that are available in the English language
- Participate in meetings and video conference calls to translate live the discussions between the Department’s English-speaking team and French speaking third party teams. Keep Minutes of Meeting in both English and French language
- Prepare design deliverables of his/her Engineering discipline during tender preparation or during project execution including but not limited to advanced numerical modelling and studies, engineering calculations, reports, design drawings, specifications, etc.
- Collaborate with and/or review the work of external consultants at tender and project implementation phases
- Ensure compliance with applicable design engineering international codes and standards, guidelines and recommendations, project, statutory, and safety requirements
- Perform technical bid evaluations of vendor offers and technical review of Vendor drawings and documents, for conformance with contract requirements
- Assist the Engineering Team Managers, or Project Engineering Managers in the organization of project/tender team, the distribution of engineering work, as well as in the forecast of design workload
- Provide technical support on site
What you will need to have:
- Eng or equivalent in any Engineering discipline (preferably in an international English-speaking University in Europe or USA and preferably in the Electrical or Mechanical disciplines) or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience in a similar position would be a definite advantage
- Work experience in an international environment will constitute an important advantage
- Proficiency in Autodesk Autocad would be a definite advantage
- Excellent command (written and oral) of the English and French language
- Mobility to travel around project locations when required
What it nice to have:
- Any relevant experience in projects related to Marine & Infrastructure, Power & Water, or Oil & Gas Projects within international environment would be a definite asset
You are someone who:
What is in it for you:
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and builds rapport easily
- Can be counted on to achieve goals within schedule, demonstrating a fighting spirit and perseverance
- Is keen to learn and professionally grow
- Is flexible and eager to take initiatives
- Is effective at solving problems, trouble-shooting and making timely decisions
- Displays a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment
- Is commercially astute
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
If you think you might be who we are looking for, please apply by clicking below!