We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a talented Junior Civil Marine Design Engineer, to join our Engineering Department in our Athens Office.
Undertake and perform accurately and confidently design tasks of his/her engineering discipline at all stages of a project (from feasibility to detailed design).
What you will need to do:
• Prepare design deliverables of his/her Engineering discipline during tender preparation or during project execution including but not limited to studies, reports, design drawings, specifications, data sheets, material requisitions, etc.
• Assist in the selection of optimum solutions/systems/equipment through analysis of information, proposals, and evaluation of results
• Assess the potential risks of specific engineering designs and assist in the development of alternative design solutions/systems that better meet project requirements
• Collaborate with external consultants at tender and project implementation phases
• Ensure compliance with applicable design engineering international codes and standards, guidelines and recommendations, project (HSE, HAZOP, EIA, QRA, etc.), statutory, and safety requirements
• Perform technical bid evaluations of vendor offers and technical review of Vendor drawings and documents, for conformance with contract requirements
• Consistently keep abreast of new design, construction methods, equipment and technologies. Keep up to date with applicable International and Local Codes, Standards and Legislation
• Participate in design review meetings, 3D Model Reviews, etc., as well as reviews by third parties
• Provide technical support on site
• Participate in start-up and technical service field assignments as required
What you will need to have:
• BEng in the field of Marine/Coastal Engineering and a MSc (preferably in an international English-speaking University in Europe or USA) or equivalent in relevant field of expertise
• Previous relevant design experience in works related to Marine/Coastal Projects is highly desirable
• Technically competence in his/her discipline, and strong technical background, and advanced analytical skills in Marine/Coastal Design Engineering: establishment of environmental and operational design criteria, metocean, wave, hydrodynamic, sedimentation, recirculation studies, assessment of environmental loading (waves, currents) on structures, design of marine structures (breakwaters, revetment, scour protection), marine furniture design, mooring and berthing design, Offshore Jetty and Port layout design, temporary jetty design, etc.
• Excellent command (written and oral) of the English language
• Good command of the French language would be a definite advantage
What it is nice to have:
Prior work experience in an international environment will constitute an important advantage
You are someone who:
• Possesses strong analytical thinking
• Displays good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and builds rapport easily
• Can be counted on to achieve goals, demonstrating a fighting spirit and perseverance
• Is keen to learn and professionally grow
• Is flexible and eager to take initiatives
• Is effective at solving problems, trouble-shooting and making timely decisions
• Displays a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment
• Is commercially perceptive
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!