Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a full of potential and reliable Dredging Superintendent to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Dredging team in our Construction Sites abroad.
Are you ready to travel, be part of and learn from an international dynamic team? Do you enjoy working with different cultures and travelling around the world?
Build towards excellence and join our worldwide journey!
In this role, you will be involved in impactful mega international EPC projects and you will have the opportunity to learn from multidisciplinary teams and grow within a world class team.
You will play a critical role in our big EPC projects as we will count on you for contributing towards optimization of works plan and optimization of resources. Furthermore, you will be responsible for accomplishing all project construction milestones related to his area(s) of responsibility.
What you will need to do:
- Understand, follow and apply Company’s IMS and especially dredging division policies, procedures, work instructions and forms
- Report to the Construction Manager and provides input & updates for the development and execution of the dredging works on site, milestones, work done, progress, construction risks, work issues and planning
- Ensure the operations team are fully briefed on work scopes and understand their duties
- Assist Construction Manager in the preparation of dredging plan
- Be responsible for the execution & control of mobilization activities, preparation and launching of dredging pipelines, coordination & control of reclamation activities
- Daily manage the dredging activities on a project; directly supervises dredging and supporting vessels construction crew and monitors works progress
- Delegate specific responsibilities to dredge dredger masters & supervisors, assesses performance and suggest efficiency improvement activities
- Ensure that all project equipment is operated and deployed in accordance with its design and operating parameters. Ensures the implementation of the routine preventative maintenance program on board of dredger and supporting vessels
- Ensure on time procurement of tools, materials, consumables required for his area(s) of responsibility
- Ensure that all personnel selected for the works are qualified experienced and possesses the relevant in-date certification. Continuously monitor and assess the performance of the personnel under his supervision
- Organize daily onboard operations meetings with his shifts & shift supervisors to discuss planned events, ensure regular lines of communications and to maximize safety / efficiency / productivity. Participates in all project safety briefings and communicates them to his area(s) of responsibility
- Responsible for any corrective measures raised by audits and/or inspections carried out by HSE & Quality Department pertaining to personnel, the work site and supporting equipment under his area(s) of responsibility
- Ensure that works are carried out as per Method Statements, project specific work procedures, Risk Assessments, and quality standards
- Ensure that Permit to Work and Task Risk Assessment are being implemented where appropriate for his area(s) of responsibility. Ensures works is conducted in a safe manner and in accordance to HSE regulations. Ensures that his team is educated with the HSE rules and fully comply with them. Cooperates constructively, efficiently and effectively with Site HSE team
What you will need to have:
- College / Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Maritime)
- Min. three (3) - five (5) years’ experience in Construction Industry
- Good command of the English language (speaking & writing)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and other relevant technical documentation
- Good understanding and working knowledge of HSE management systems
- Willingness to work offshore and/or remote areas
What it nice to have:
Any relevant international experience in works related to the field of dredging or Marine construction would be a definite asset
You are someone who:
- Is confident of your abilities and you like to present new problem-solving ideas
- Displays active listening skills and ability to build rapport easily
- Can work with minimum supervision and you are eager to develop and get exposed to new things every day
- Can prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Is a true team member
- Enjoys challenge, working with different cultures and travelling
- Is resourceful and ownership taker
- Pays extreme attention to detail
What is in it for you:
Expat package is on the shelf, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!