Business Consultants & Market Risk Analysts – Athens based
Finvent is the exclusive and sole distributor of leading SS&C Advent Software products & services provider since 2001, in over 15 countries in Europe and Africa. Via our deep understanding of both the buy-side investment sector and the Advent Software suite, we also develop and distribute our own award-winning solutions. Our core focus is aimed exclusively on organizations such as wealth managers, private banks, asset managers, family office and funds of various types including pension and hedge funds.
Due to our continuous growth, we are currently searching for highly energetic and results oriented Business Consultants & Market Risk Analysts based in Athens, experienced in MATLAB, to join our internal brilliant consulting, analytics and products team. We offer challenging tasks in a team-focused stimulating working environment where teamwork, but also individual contribution, is highly valued.
You will become a key contributor in the development of the Klarity Risk software solutions suite.
You shall assume responsibilities including:
- As a Consultant/Analyst, you will work closely with our clients (asset managers, fund managers, hedge funds, wealth managers and private banks) to implement and maintain our solutions in their back- to front-office environments.
- Typical implementation tasks are installation, configuration, integration, data conversion, automation of processes, specification of custom deliverables, system testing, user training, documentation and client communication. Consultants would also evaluate and recommend enhancements to existing clients’ installations and processes.
- Partake active role in testing internal Risk Mgmt developments by implementing all methods in MATLAB in order to verify and validate robust functionality of our market risk delivered product platform.
- Review and understand existing functional specifications of our risk and portfolio management products.
- The Consultant/Analyst will be servicing clients primarily in Europe and the Middle East. The role is therefore ideal for candidates who are flexible in terms of traveling and find it exciting to explore different cities, cultures and business practices.
- Research, analyze and specify new software functionality (market and regulatory compliance for the buy-side only), based on established or newly developed quantitative methods in finance and/or regulatory requirements.
- Master’s degree in market risk management focus or financial mathematics with emphasis on market risk or MBA with exposure to risk or portfolio management or financial mathematics or financial engineering is preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrated knowledge of MATLAB is needed; very good knowledge of LATEX is positively viewed.
- Working knowledge of SQL relational database, ability to write SQL queries.
- Related work experience and high interest in Portfolio Management and/or Market Risk Management analysis, preferably within a financial or investment management institution or consulting entity or educational establishment.
- Relevant business analysis experience, at least 2-3 years long, at market risk management units can compensate for a less quantitative educational background.
- Recent graduates who wish to work within quantitative finance are also encouraged to apply, if they have strong knowledge in market risk and MATLAB.
- Team-worker in a multi-lingual, international, team-working environment.
- English and Greek languages fluency is required. Other European language is highly desired.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work under time constraints and changing priorities, in an exciting start-up-like business setting.
- Strong ability to apply troubleshooting and analytical skills when resolving problems.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Immediate Product Certification upon hiring
- A private medical and health plan for employees and their families
- Progressive and continuous training opportunities
- Gaining exposure to leaders within the financial industry while you are working for a high impact global-standards company
- Global experiences via EMEA & USA business travelling
- Becoming part of a mission-driven team that loves to constantly learn and improve
- Working for a socially responsible entity and with a group of like-minded people
If you've got what it takes to be a great Business Consultant and Market Risk Analyst and want to work on a hardworking, success-oriented and fun team, then apply today!
You can visit our website to learn more about us:
CV Submission in English only
All applications are confidential
Please Respond ONLY if you comply with most Job Qualifications
No phone calls please