Contract: Minimum 6 months with possibility to extend
Reports to: Country Director
Lighthouse Relief Hellas is the Greek registered branch of the Swedish NGO Lighthouse Relief. Our teams of skilled, international staff and volunteers provide emergency relief to refugees that arrive on the Greek island of Lesvos, and services in refugee camps in mainland Greece. Our branch ECO Relief on Lesvos focuses on restoring the shoreline on Lesvos and other local projects to support the island. Our ambition is to find a response that simultaneously improves the conditions for both refugees and local actors.
Lighthouse Relief Hellas undertakes all the activities of Lighthouse Relief in Greece: programming, humanitarian response, advocacy and fundraising. As the national branch of an international NGO, Lighthouse Relief Hellas is present every day on the field in Greece, but also plays a strategic and important role in campaigns and advocacy for our beneficiaries internationally.
We strive to have our team grow with more national staff and we encourage Greek applicants.
Summary of Position:
The People & Organisation Development Manager will contribute to LHR’s mission through effective HR strategy building, recruitment management, capacity building and organisational development support.
The POD Manager reports to the Country Director and will be based in Athens, Greece.
- Continue the development and implementation of a regional LHR HR strategy as well as ensure compliance with existing policies throughout the organisation.
- Manage recruitment processes in collaboration with program managers; ensuring high standards in recruiting, orientation, compensation, contracting and documenting procedures.
- Continuously review and update job descriptions and post vacant positions.
- Compile shortlists, conduct interviews, reference- and background checks and make offer of employment to candidates, with approval from CD and Program Managers.
- Develop and maintain a well-organized employee info database, ensuring all necessary documents are filed and monitored including: contracts, code of conduct, job description, holidays and sick leave requests. Keep track of contract end dates and ensuring new contracts are provided.
- Ensure harmonious relationships and effective communication between management and staff by undertaking necessary consultations with staff on personnel issues.
- Assist PMs in identifying needs for staff training and development, contacting suitable trainers and service providers.
- Support the Head Volunteer Coordinator with LHR Volunteer Program development tools.
- Contribute to preparation of the monthly Payroll to ensure it is updated and accurate.
- Support and assist the Country Director in organizational and branch development, reporting, planning, preparation for meetings and trainings.
- Assist in the implementation of organizational development activities and other duties as required by Country Director; within the capacity of the POD Manage