Become part of an award winning direct insurance business, selling a wide range of financial products throughout Europe as part of a multinational organisation with ties in Australia and South Africa and established operations in Poland, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia and the United Kingdom. The Company is unique in being able to use television, telephone and the internet to market products directly to the consumer.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to join 4Life Direct as we are expanding into Greece. The company is looking for a determined, experienced leader to assist the international team in establishing a new branch in Athens. This individual will be involved in setting up the office and establishing a sustainable business. The goal will be to ensure profitability of the Branch and to drive long-term success.
The office will be based in Athens but some international travel will be required from time to time. Salary negotiable.
From the outset, this individual will be involved in, but not limited to:
- Sourcing of office space and furniture
- Staff recruitment
- Implementation of business processes
- Establishing of legal requirements
The efficient daily operation of a full-service office with support to HR, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Ensure that financial and corporate governance requirements are being met
- Analysis and reconciliation of financial management accounts
- Budget planning & control
- Ensure adherence to legal regulations and guidelines
- Analyze and interpret data and write reports when necessary
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to reach goals
- Manage service level agreements with service providers
- Act as the company spokesperson in relation to PR events, queries and interviews
- Facilitate discussions with relevant parties with regard to material complaints and risks
- Encourage cooperative relationships with support departments to ensure the efficient running of the branch
- Coordinating of new and existing employee activities including contracts, medical check-ups, absence, leave, license requirements, grievances, exit interviews etc.
- Facilitate regular staff and management meetings to communicate important and relevant information
- Organise and coordinate employee recognition initiatives and special events
- Ensure that the branch has adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (people/equipment etc.)
- Ensure that the office accommodation is well managed and in line with international standards
- Controlling of the office inventory
- Proven experience as a (Branch) Manager or relevant role
- Excellent organisational & leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- A knowledge of the life insurance industry will be advantageous
- Skills in contact centre management, sales, premium collection, HR, accounting, marketing and/or claims handling will be beneficial
- English proficiency essential
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office required
- BSc/BA in Business Management or relevant field will be a plus