The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a joint venture company established with the purpose of planning, developing and building the TAP natural gas pipeline. TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SNAM (20%), SOCAR (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
For TAP’s integrated Project Management Team (iPMT) in Thessaloniki – Greece we are seeking to engage Two (2) Grievance Advisors. One (1) will be based in Thessaloniki and one (1) in Alexandroupolis.
The successful candidates will be responsible for coordinating the grievance resolution process, including the interaction with the aggrieved stakeholders, relevant TAP work-stream managers, EPC Contractors and coordinating grievance reporting in TAP's Grievance Management database. The Grievance Advisors will also ensure that TAP Greece meets its commitment and best practice performance related to grievance management.
The Grievance Advisors will report directly to the i-PMT Project Manager with a dotted reporting line to the Grievance Advisor at our HQ’s in Baar, Switzerland.
Number of positions: Two (2)
Locations: Thessaloniki and Alexandroupolis
Work %: 60% Office – 40% Field
Travel: up to 50%
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Receiving all incoming grievances and concerns coming through the Grievance Mechanism contact avenues (email, fax, phone and SMS).
- Ensuring that TAP has a full and complete grievance record and supporting evidence trail for all received grievances and concerns.
- Ensuring that relevant work-streams conduct a full investigation of submitted grievances and provide relevant remediation/closure actions.
- Ensuring continued engagement with complainants during grievance process and to ensure acceptance of remediation measures.
- Managing the Greece Grievance Management database and providing relevant (continued) training to TAP Greece employees (Country Office & i-PMT) on using the grievance database.
- Consulting with the Contractors’ grievance teams on the management of the Construction grievance process through regular verification, monitoring and providing guidance in the implementation of the Contractors’ grievance process.
- Consultation and information exchange regarding the grievance mechanism and its interfaces with Land management and Stakeholder engagement teams.
- Providing advice regarding critical grievance management issues that may require escalation to the Project Manager, in-country ESMS Manager or Grievance Advisor – Baar.
- Grievance monitoring and reporting according to defined KPI’s, ESIA Commitments and best practice requirements.
- Conducting regular lessons learnt sessions with other Grievance Advisors from other operating countries.
- Conducting grievance as well as SGMT training for Greek TAP and Contractor employees as required ensuring SGMT system Admins are appraised of any SGMT systems issues.
- University Degree in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Natural Sciences, Environmental Management or comparable field experience.
- Strong experience as a Grievance Advisor.
- Demonstrated experience in Grievance or Dispute Resolution or Customer Relations Management.
- Strong experience in Social Risk Management and Social Impact Assessment.
- Experience in O&G or big Infrastructure/ Construction Projects or Linear/ Mining Projects.
- Excellent understanding of project challenges on local Communities.
- Strong supervision and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in working for international Projects is an advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Ability to collect facts, data, and statistical information in order to prepare, analyse, make recommendations, and present complete and accurate reports.
- The successful candidate will:
- Have in depth problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal Communication as well as Relationship Management skills
- Have the courage to address difficult issues in the face of potential opposition.
- Be results-oriented.
- Have the ability to adapt to change.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- High Health & Safety awareness.