SITE MANAGER | SUMMER 2017
Company: Atlantis Project (AP). The AP is a leading education-abroad provider based in Washington D.C., USA. We are a dynamic and mission-driven education company that runs short-term hospital observation programs (Fellowships) for American undergraduate pre-med/pre-health students. Our students, called Fellows, travel to locations around the globe during college breaks, observe and follow doctors in local hospitals, and support the host communities. For more information on our programs see our website at www.atlantis-project.org.
Job: The AP is looking for a Site Manager to manage programs for a group of Fellows observing in a hospital in Greece (We offer positions in Thessaloniki) for May-1, 2017 to August-30, 2017 (these dates may change slightly, depending on program location). We will try to place the Site Manager according to their preference, but we cannot guarantee this.
The Site Manager will also take part in a two-week project planning course that will take place in early April. Any costs associated with project planning course will be paid by Atlantis Project. Upon successful completion of summer program, Site Manager will be strongly considered for subsequent projects and programs. In the past, the project work has required 30-45 hours per week to complete, but this may vary by site and person.
Role & Objectives: Provide support to US and Global Atlantis Project team in relation to:
- Coordination: Manage a group of AP Fellows. Participate in the training that fellows receive before joining the hospitals. Oversee groups and safety day-to-day, be available 24/7.
- Logistics management & coordination: Organize travel, housing, group meals, & local transport procedures for Fellows. Manage purchasing and remit expense reports.
- Information: Maintain flow of Coordination and Logistics information with USA and Global Programs Team. Regular reports on improvable aspects of logistics and daily activities.
Required Candidate Profile:
- Must have attained a bachelor’s or equivalent university degree with good marks.
- Must have excellent organization, interpersonal and time management skills
- Must have excellent character, be trustworthy, and easy to work across cultures
- Must be fluent in English and Greek languages, written and verbal.
- We prefer at least 2 years of work experience (and Student Programs and Operation roles are preferred).
- We prefer, but do not require, basic proficiency in Microsoft and Google software (Excel, Gmail, etc).
Terms, Compensation, & Other Benefits: The exact dates of the program will be outlined in the hiring process, but generally fall between May-August 2017. The work will be conducted in Thessaloniki, Greece and thus we expect the Site Manager to live there the entire program period. Project compensation is typically $4,500 - $6,000 USD for a 3-4 month project. Compensation is paid at monthly checkpoints and may be higher if Site Manager has expenses for relocation or government fees related to completing the project work. Site Manager may also earn a higher project compensation if work is completed in an excellent way as defined by company.
To apply: Please go to the following website: www.atlantis-project.org/sitecoordinators We will begin the selection process very soon. Incomplete applications will not be considered.