Job Title: Team Lead, Development
Reports to: CTO
Salary: Market salary based on experience
Athens Office (with approx. 6 weeks of training in London Office)
essDOCS is a dynamic growth company that is looking to digitalise global trade and finance. Our market leading SaaS solutions enable customers to improve their logistics, working capital and compliance. Our customer base, which includes 10% of the Fortune Global companies, is on track to double for the third year in a row. The company currently operates out of 10 offices in Europe, Asia, Australia and the U.S.
essDOCS is looking for an experienced Java Developer/Programmer - Spring MVC, Hibernate, who will recruit and lead a team of developers in our Greek office. The successful candidate will be an intelligent, intuitive, passionate, hardworking individual with experience working in highly secure, highly available operations with disaster recovery sites.
- Recruits and provides leadership, direction, and development to a team of developers based in our Athens office
- Develops components for multiple tiers of a highly functional web application eg Web Front End, application business logic and data access layer.
- Designs and develops quality components for Internet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Recommends toolset and architecture directions based on requirements and industry trends.
- Designs and conducts tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of development approaches. -Updates job knowledge by researching new Internet/Intranet technologies and software products.
- Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Excellent English listening, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and customers (including colleagues in remote locations)
- Ambitious, quick learning, passionate people manager who is looking for a new challenge