Amazing career opportunities under the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program
Our company, a leader in the Hospitality Industry is looking for talented, ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic candidates between 18-35 years of age, to further expand its operations.
Founded in 1996 our company currently owns and operates over 100 locations throughout Ontario, with many more sites currently under development. Successful candidates will be a part of a growing chain of restaurants with an appeal to a broad customer base.
We are hiring Chefs;
The Chef overseas the day-to-day Back-of-the-House operations and works in concert with the Back-of-the-House team and Management to ensure the consistent and successful execution of all chain standards for food quality and timing, food presentation, food safety, staff training, cost of goods and labour and cleanliness and maintenance.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Effectively manages the inventory, purchasing, receiving and preparation of all food items, paper goods, and cleaning supplies according to company policies and practices. Strives to maintain the freshest product with a minimum of waste.
- Orders only corporately approved and prescribed products to established par levels. Verifies the receiving and invoicing of all products are correct in respect to quantity, quality and price and those products are properly dated, rotated and stored.
- Tracks, inputs and analyzes all key performance indicators pertaining to the role including food cost, kitchen, labour cost, waste, prep levels, inventory levels and invoices. Responsible for consistently achieving operational profitability and the maintenance and control of food cost, labour cost and other kitchen related costs.
- Creates and costs kitchen schedules with consideration to reservations, seasonal volumes, holidays, events and promotions. Ensures adequate coverage with costs aligned to budget and forecasts.
- Coaches and motivates all Back-of-the-House team members on an ongoing basis to ensure continuing development in culinary skills, spec adherence, and production times and instills a culture of cooperation and cleanliness. Responsible for the training and development of new hires.
- Makes the health and safety of all guests and employees a top priority. Ongoing
- Communicates and provides in-depth training and oversees the Back-of-the-House team to ensure the successful launch of approved national promotions and new menus.
- Establishes and enforces a cleaning and maintenance schedule of all Back-of-the-House areas and equipment.
- Works with District Manager, General Manager and Managing Partner to create action plans to improve areas of opportunities.
- Previous casual dining restaurant kitchen management or supervisory experience.
- Role-models and maintains high standards for food safety, food quality, consistency and cleanliness.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory, ordering and food cost variance analysis.
- Demonstrates ability to follow direction, adhere to corporate recipes and specifications and meet deadlines
- Able to develop team members through effective coaching and communication.
- Ability to meet established budget goals for food cost and labour cost. Organized and detail orientated with excellent problem solving abilities and ability to formulate action plans.
- Legal Permission to work in Canada (obtaining a working holiday visa in Canada through the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program.
- Fluent in English
- International Driver’s Licence
- Visitors Travel Health Coverage
- Possess initial costs to relocate to Ontario, Canada (estimated at approximately $7,500 CAN)
If this sounds like you please provide us with your resume via e-mail at [Για να στείλετε τo βιογραφικό σας κάντε κλικ εδώ] and reference the job title Restaurant Manager in the e-mail subject line.
We wish to thank all candidates, however, due to the number of applications received only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.