Social Investment Manager
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a joint venture company established with the purpose of planning, developing and building the TAP natural gas pipeline. TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SNAM (20%), SOCAR (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
The Social Investment Manager is accountable for the development of the Social and Environmental Investment (SEI) strategy and the implementation of Host Country (Greece) SEI activities. This multi-million Euro programme is critical in order to meet TAP’s SEI commitments and secure and maintain TAP’s social license to construct and operate.
The role will support the management of non-technical delivery risk for the project. The incumbent is expected to work closely with the stakeholder team, Government relations team, the Project Environment and Social Management System team in Greece, and corresponding departments in Baar, Switzerland.
Place of work: Athens or Thessaloniki
- Develop Greece SEI strategy, in line with stakeholder development priorities, EBRD standards, community needs assessment, project construction schedule, and TAP SEI strategy. Support management of non-technical risk and maintenance of social licence to operate.
- Manage in-field delivery of SEI initiatives, adopting a pragmatic and efficient delivery model, and ensuring project objectives are clear and deliverable.
- Working closely with the stakeholder engagement team, support management of key relationships with national, regional and local government, local communities and civil society. Ensure vulnerable groups are considered throughout SEI Programme.
- Develop strategic relationships with potential co-funders for SEI initiatives. Manage relationships with multiple implementation partners, to build TAP reputation and support SEI delivery.
- Working closely with head office, and across TAP functions, including Legal and compliance, finance, health and safety and public affairs.
- Monitor, report and evaluate SEI programme for Greece, in line with TAP- wide reporting framework.
- Manage multi-million SEI budget, including internal accounting and reporting requirements.
- Line manage one CSR Advisor and consultant experts as needed. Work closely with Country Office Community Liaison Officers to monitor SEI delivery and leverage SEI reputation benefits
- Working with the communications function, ensure communications activities enhance reputation gains from SEI activities. Deliver annual public reporting.
- University degree in development, social sciences or a field related to stakeholder management or other social performance related fields.
- At least 15 years of experience in development and social investment project management, ideally in Energy / infrastructure projects.
- Advanced knowledge of industry related standards, ideally ESIA and EBRD Performance Requirements.
- Understanding of principles and practices of community development and ability to apply these effectively.
- Strong understanding of stakeholder consultation principles and tools and ability to apply these effectively.
- Experience of working with NGOs and other development agencies.
- Experience of acting as a funding body.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of managing teams and consultants.
- Ability to work under pressure, with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams and manage interfaces with contractors.
- Good interpersonal skills within a matrix organisation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Ability to travel frequently and flexibility to work extended hours on short notice.
- Ability to communicate and deliver technical as well as non-technical information on a community level.
- Ability to work with all levels of seniority.
- Project and budget management.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Driving for Results and excellence.
- Quality focused.
- Strong team player.
- Have the courage to address difficult issues in the face of potential opposition.
To apply, please follow the below link, open a candidate profile on our e-recruiting page and then use the online application form. Applications sent by e-mail or in paper format will not be considered.