IP Networks Planning Manager
(Based in Nicosia)
We are currently looking for an IP Networks Planning Manager, who will be responsible for the design, planning, dimensioning and reporting activities related to the IP Networks and Network Management Systems. Furthermore, to be able to provide cost optimized, reliable and high performance IP Networks, according to the MTN overall strategic targets.
- Coordinates the design, planning and dimensioning (hardware and software) of the IP Networks, NMSs, Mobile Packet Core and Corporate Solutions.
- Assists Sales during presales visits to corporate customers and designs solutions to meet their requirements.
- Manages the preparation of all necessary configuration details.
- Authorizes and validates the configuration changes sent to Network Operations and Field Operations concerning IP Networks.
- Manages the planning and scheduling of the implementation of new nodes and NMSs.
- Prepares performance reports and optimization proposals.
- Requests and authorizes configuration changes and implementations of new elements in the IP Networks and NMSs.
- Manages the order of hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMSs, working together with Procurement.
- Prepares the technical specifications for new tenders.
- Validates the acceptance tests of new elements and features for the IP Networks and NMSs, during the First Office Application Phase.
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information about software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMSs.
- Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialisation in Telecommunications or Networks
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position
- IP networks trainings (LAN and WAN), such as such as CCNP, CCIP, CCIE or JNCIS-SP, JNCIP and JNCIE.
- GSM/Telecom trainings, focusing mainly in network planning and dimensioning.
- Network security trainings, such as CCSP.
- Exceptional knowledge of LAN/WAN switching/routing technologies and protocols, preferably Huawei, Juniper and Cisco and certified in at least two of CCNP, CCIP and JNCIP.
- JNCIE and/or CCIE will be considered as significant advantage.
- Exceptional knowledge of network security technologies and practises preferably based on Juniper and Cisco equipment.
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows
- Knowledge of switching protocols, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
- Basic knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English
All interested candidates should send their CVs stating the job title in the subject line.