Our client, an international energy provider, with a fresh outlook on energy, is expanding its European operation into Cyprus.
As a Project Manager:
They will be looking to recruit a Project Manager to oversee the initial set up of the company in Cyprus as well as the growth of the team.
- You will build and lead a team of 15 or more highly skilled software development engineers as an independent development unit in Cyprus with full responsibility regarding product quality, human resource management and commercial success.
- Responsible to develop and govern strategy and direction of software product development, oriented on the values of the company and the requirements of the business
- You will be involved in building software delivery chains using continuous delivery principles
- You will interact with head hunters, other recruitment channels and the local authorities in Cyprus to fulfill duties of an employer
- University degree in informatics, information technology or comparable qualification
- 5+ years experience in software development with Java and/or C++ and in development of database applications and/or mobile apps
- 5+ years experience in leading software development teams
- Solid knowledge of RDBMSs, especially Oracle products
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance in software development using various automated and man-driven test principles
- Strong affinity to general rules of modern software engineering
- Great experience in building and leading of cross functional teams according to the principles of Agile software engineering
- In-depth knowledge of SCRUM and lean management principles
- Strong leadership capabilities and the knowledge of the difference between traditional management and modern principles of leadership
- High degree of social competency and the ability to motivate people
- In-depth knowledge of rules and regulations of the job market in Cyprus
- Solution oriented, service based and customer oriented approach to all tasks
- Working according to economic efficiency criteria
- Good knowledge how efficiency in software development can be achieved, maintained and measured
- Openness and flexibility in dealing with new challenges
- Excellent skills in English language