Title of the position
A unique start up opportunity for an ambitious and driven Operations Manager in Athens to join 4Life Direct, one of Europe’s leading direct providers of life insurance. 4Life Direct has undergone tremendous growth in Europe during the past 7 years serving thousands of policyholders on a daily basis. The company needs an experienced Operations Manager to assist the international management team in setting up a client centric operations team.
The office will be based in Athens but some international travel will be required from time to time. Salary negotiable.
From the outset, this individual will be involved in, but not limited to:
- Establishing of the customer service and back office support teams
- Staff recruitment
- Implementation of business processes
- Setting up of call center / back office infrastructure
- Drafting reports
Pro-active management and supervision of all customer service, claims, premium collection, quality assurance and correspondence initiatives across the branch.
- Client Service inbound & walk in centre - receive calls and emails from clients, e.g. queries, requests and complaints.
This includes the real time monitoring of the call centre statistics, reporting and identifying inefficiencies and proactively addressing service failures.
- Premium Collection outbound centre – contact existing policyholders to encourage payment of outstanding premium payments.
This includes taking responsibility for the premium collections function, reporting and executing suitable action plans to address shortcomings in terms of premium collections.
- Claims centre – recording and assessing all death, hospital and disability claims reported by policyholders and/or beneficiaries.
This includes claim assessments and reporting on number of claims received, paid and finalized.
- Correspondence department – printing & dispatching of documents pertaining to sales packs and client information, controlling of the printing related stationery and managing the service level agreements with the external courier company.
This includes monitoring and reporting on response and turnaround times, preparing and executing suitable operational action plans to address shortcomings and escalating urgent and persistent service failures.
Overall responsibility of the Quality and Compliance Team ensuring that the branch maintains a high level of service quality through the daily assessments of calls and correspondence.
- Managing service level agreements with all service providers i.e. info line outsourcer, banks, couriers, etc.
- Report material complaints to the relevant individuals and liaise with the appointed legal expert to address complaints timeously
- Doing needs assessments, performance reviews and cost/benefit analyses
- Setting and meeting individual & team performance targets
- Monitoring random calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track operative performance
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that quality standards are being met
- Ensure that adequate headcount is reached and maintained in the operations team
- Review the performance of staff, identify training needs and plan training sessions
- Handle complex customer complaints or enquiries when necessary
- Assist with overflow customer enquiries
- Organise staffing schedules, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand
- Budget planning & control
- Assist with any additional functions as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the branch
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational & leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Skills in call center management essential
- Premium collection and/or claims handling experience will be beneficial
- A knowledge of the life insurance industry will be advantageous
- English proficiency essential
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office required