Database Administrator (DBA)
Creating Value Together
INTRASOFT International is a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group, offering innovative and added-value solutions to a wide range of international and national public and private organisations. The company employs more than 1,500 highly-skilled professionals, representing over 20 different nationalities and mastering more than 18 languages. With headquarters in Luxembourg, INTRASOFT International operates through its operational branches, subsidiaries and offices in Belgium, Greece, Romania, Jordan, Denmark, the UK, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Moldova, the Philippines and Saudi Arabia.
For more information visit:
a leading European IT solutions provider, is seeking a professional to cover the following opening:Database Administrator (DBA)Your Role
This position is responsible for the operation of the company's and subsidiaries' Database systems. Will apply root cause operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep services up and running meetings SLAs (OLAs). Provide automation solutions of manual tasks performed by infrastructure support. Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist in problem resolution by hands-on participation. Operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments, and interact with technology experts (Vendor). Follow company's processes and methodologies. Will work closely with areas across company including Development, Engineering and QA. You will be part of a team with the following key responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Databases (Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Helping with database design and development
- Managing database access
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implementing security measures
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably
- Providing user training, support and feedback
- Archiving data
- Understands networking standards and best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Ensure all service level agreements and objectives are met.
- Require working on shifts including weekends.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed
Strong IT infrastructure background, with 2-3 years working experience on the following areas:
- Oracle RDBMS
- MS SQL Server
- Unix O/S (AIX - Linux RHEL/Centos/OEL
- Windows Server O/S
About Intrasoft INTRASOFT International
- Ability to take ownership, accountability and initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, able to take constructive criticism
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Good command of the English Language (written & verbal)
provides a creative, challenging and dynamic multinational environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning.
For information regarding our company, current projects and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.intrasoft-intl.com. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.